• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DPG skidplate

sloppyjoe

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone checked out this skid for the t-case. I like it what do you guys think. I don't know how to put in links yet but it is on the home page of Jeepin.com I was thinking that it might even help stiffen up the frame there.

I ran a prototype for a few years on my rig with no problems and the production model is 100 times better. Very well constructed and thought out.
DPG Rock Attack Belly skid plates
TCskid--01.jpg

i really like the way that it protects the exhaust as well - my cat has taken a few hits that i would have liked my Rusty's to take, but it doesnt cover it...

The DPG is NICE. However I suggest the route I took. I went to a local metal fab shop and got a skid bent up very similar to the XJ nation X-case skid. It took a couple minutes of measuring lengths and angles under the XJ, but it fits like a glove.
skid + nuts + bolts + paint = $40

I think it shoudl be a must on the armor list! Just make sure to get the correct one! Make sure you know which CAT converter you have (if applicable).

I installed mine in about 20 min!

Dirk is great to work with.

Robert

i want one.. waiting on new tires and gears first

96XJCLASSIC said:
The DPG is NICE. However I suggest the route I took. I went to a local metal fab shop and got a skid bent up very similar to the XJ nation X-case skid. It took a couple minutes of measuring lengths and angles under the XJ, but it fits like a glove.
skid + nuts + bolts + paint = $40

Isnt that skid more than $40 worth or steel alone ? Did you already have the steel and have a buddy or an inside deal at the fab shop ?
Just curious sound slike a good deal.

i have one and love it. but just to clarify one thing it does not cover the cat.
the only real downside i see is that it makes it very difficult to get to the bolts that hold the front ds on a slit in the skid to allow for a wrench to access the bolts would fix this problem

shimmy said:
yo ferg, is that to keep $$$ cost down?

Lower cost.
Local pride.
The maker is a friend.
It covers the cat well.
Without the lip at the back, you dont have to worry about the lip being notched.
The bolt protectors are a nice touch, but I've never had a bolt damaged draggin mine over AZ rocks.
Rail to rail coverage with a flat bottom.

Fergie

MontanaXJ said:
I have the Rigidco rails on order and looking at the way they mount I don't believe they will interfere with each other.

Greg

I have both the DPG skid and ridgidco rails, there is no interference

I love the DPG skid, and if they made one that was compatible with the 242, I would own one. I spoke to them last summer, they had projected a November release but I guess it's been pushed back.

motorcityxj said:
Isnt that skid more than $40 worth or steel alone ? Did you already have the steel and have a buddy or an inside deal at the fab shop ?
Just curious sound slike a good deal.

Nope that was the price for steel and fabrication. Oh I love living in the country. :laugh3:

Back