• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front end poping

witt

NAXJA Forum User
hi everyone :wave:
ive got a problem
my front end pops
it mainly pops uphill under power
f*kers @ RE havent returned my email... bastards..
so it pops under power going uphill in 4wd

i dont think its the R&P no grinding or skippingof the gears
dont think its the locker... works fine on the street
i ran in front wheel drive for a lil while when my rear D-shaft blew up on me
and nothing... no noise present on the street

my only thought is my RE superflex joints... (i know the bushing end of the arms are shot.. im replacing those soon) but what would cause the poping?
uppers going bad? or lowers going bad? if i were to pull off the arms... what would i look for to tell if they were going bad... any noticable slop in the ball?

anybody got any experience with this? suggestions? its annoying on the trail...... when going up a hill all i hear is POP POP POP POP POP POP POP.....
(dont think its a u-joint cuz it didnt make any noise on the street in Fwd)

Eric

I have the same noise, but maybe not quite as bad as you are describing it. I also sometimes get a spring "twang?" noise that I think might be related to the retainers being loose. (need larger self tappers as holes are worn out)
Anyone experience same thing and find and fix it?

Tighten the SF joints in the UCAs. When I was running those I had to tighten them several times.

Re: front end popping

I had a problem similar to that but mine was the t-case chain going out. It only happened in 4wd, and it sounds like a bunch of popping. Just a thought, might want to check that.

Re: front end popping

sloppyjoe said:
I had a problem similar to that but mine was the t-case chain going out. It only happened in 4wd, and it sounds like a bunch of popping. Just a thought, might want to check that.

woo... that one scares me a lil...
but when i ran it in frwont wheel drive.. i had no noise... so im not worried so much on that one....

yeah.. i think its time i tightened down my entire suspension... and no.. no drop bracket.. im runnin the stock bracket.... probably why my angles are messed up a lil... and that i slightly turn right when i brake :p

Back