• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Air Intake

K2XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have been looking on ebay for air intakes for my '95. The kits are simply a 3inch piece of chrome pipe with a cone filter on the end (some are k&n filters). Do these air intakes really work??? It says they are supposed to give more HP and Torque.

Most of them do not have heat sheilds...if i do get one...should it have a heat sheild...seems to me it would makes sense seeing how hot the 4.0L runs.

Just wondering if they will be worth my time and money.

Thanks
Kevin

'95 XJ Sport

K2XJ said:
I have been looking on ebay for air intakes for my '95. The kits are simply a 3inch piece of chrome pipe with a cone filter on the end (some are k&n filters). Do these air intakes really work??? It says they are supposed to give more HP and Torque.

Most of them do not have heat sheilds...if i do get one...should it have a heat sheild...seems to me it would makes sense seeing how hot the 4.0L runs.

Just wondering if they will be worth my time and money.

Thanks
Kevin

'95 XJ Sport

1. yes they do work.
2. don't expect too much, and it will be ok.
3. Heat shield Good. No shield BAD.
4. Depends on how much.

your welcome.

Back