• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Space to fill

OKinNC

NAXJA Forum User
I need some help figuring out what to put in the spot where the remote door lock sensor used to be in my 89 XJ. It has a constant 12VDC setting in the hole so whatever I put there has to have a power switch so I won't drain my battery. I would appreciate any suggestions.

How about a flexible map light or a power connection for an overhead-mounted CB?

OKinNC said:
I need some help figuring out what to put in the spot where the remote door lock sensor used to be in my 89 XJ. It has a constant 12VDC setting in the hole so whatever I put there has to have a power switch so I won't drain my battery. I would appreciate any suggestions.

hmmm... disco ball
:party:

put a CB up there. you have to remove your headliner to make a mounting bracket though. I used some of that 3' flat metal(aluminum?) with holes in it from Lowes to mount my bracket to. That's the only really out-of-the-way place I could find to mount my CB in anyways.

On my last xj I mounted a fullsize CB there as previously stated.

I just ran a piece of 3x1/4 inch aluminum between the bracket and the dome light to support it. Call it overkill, but I didn't want to be wacked in the head with it when I rolled.

Too bad my newer XJ has a sun roof so the handles are in the way of this system.

Back