• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

swap RE for OME

matt hurtado

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a 4.5 RE superflex kit on my 92 2 door xj . the rear is starting to sag quite a bit so I was wondering if swaping the rear leafs ( right now they are RE3.5 leafs with shackle extenders that came with the 4.5 RE kit ) to 3" old man emu's would give the same lift. the thing is I carry quite a bit of weight in the rear 24/7

matt hurtado said:
I've got a 4.5 RE superflex kit on my 92 2 door xj . the rear is starting to sag quite a bit so I was wondering if swaping the rear leafs ( right now they are RE3.5 leafs with shackle extenders that came with the 4.5 RE kit ) to 3" old man emu's would give the same lift. the thing is I carry quite a bit of weight in the rear 24/7

if you carry gear all the time - check out www.bigoffroad.com their leaves are supposed to be built for more gear in the back...
if i ever buy full packs again - i will order from them...

IMO, no. I'm running the OME JC1A heavy-duty leaves with the JCXL extra leaf and have a rear bumper/tire carrier. I get at most 3.5 inches with this setup. From what I have been told, you would have to run the JC1B extreme duty leaves to handle a lot of weight on a regular basis and those are very stiff.

How much weight do you usually carry in the back? The Big Offroad leaves "are built at stock XJ weight, plus 350lbs", otherwise, they will give an extra 1.5" of lift. http://www.bigoffroad.com/vendors/bigoffroad/index.htm

I should say that I was running the OME leaves. I was running them with a 1.5" shackle to get 4.5 to 4.75" lift. I replaced them with Rockkrawler 4.5" leaves and stock shackle to get about 5" lift.

Last edited:
Back