• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New radiator

riverfever

NAXJA Forum User
Well my 13 month old OEM radiator is split at the seam of the passenger side tank. It's leaking pretty good under pressure. It had a 12 month warranty but I missed it by 1 month (foiled again!). It can't be soldered. So I guess I'm looking at a new radiators.
The shop I spoke with about repairing it was telling me that they thought it blew b/c my fans aren't turning on or I have a bad head gasket or it's over heating. My fans turn on (I can hear them), it runs almost dead nuts at 210 consistently. I'm inclined to think that it's due to the fact that the plastic/metal radiator is a giant turd. Sure it's possible that my head gasket is shot but I just don't think so. What do you all think?
I spoke with DPG Offroad today and they have the CSF 3 core, all metal rads for 155 bones. Guess it'd be smart to go to the dealer and get new hoses and NAPA for a pump and thermostat while I'm in that deep? Do you all agree?

-Chris

Dealer supplied thermostat and Tstat gasket too as well as hoses from the dealer, they will fit, have the protective covers, spring in the lower one. Might want to Pick up a Krikit II belt tension gauge from napa so you get the belt right.
I just bought one from a local parts supplier, for one of the TJ's, two core HD brass/copper.Got it for $145, not sure of the brand but was told it was US made, retail on it is $245....will get the brand when I pick it up.. Had some kind of desert scene on the box but thats all I noticed...

Back