• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Running lights out on one side

ecrogers

NAXJA Forum User
I have a problem that I could not find a solution for through searching

First of all 2000XJ, lifted but haven't touched the electrical.

All of my left side running lights are out including taillight, yellow light below headlight, and side front yellow light. The right side is fine, brakes and blinkers are fine and both headlights work.

Any ideas? Is there a separate fuse for each side?

john290xj said:
the is a separate fuse for both sides in the rt kick panel

Thanks, should have checked the manual first. So I put a new one in and it popped right away. What does this mean? I haven't been driving in any amount of water, just some wet snowy roads.

Any help?

ecrogers said:
Thanks, should have checked the manual first. So I put a new one in and it popped right away. What does this mean? I haven't been driving in any amount of water, just some wet snowy roads.

Any help?

maybe there's a wet, snowy a short, possibly (hopefully) in one of your bulbs on that side, or if you replaced any of them, you may've replaced it with one with the incorrect specs and it's drawing too much amperage, check your bulbs first.

Good Luck

SVTHorsnake said:
maybe there's a wet, snowy a short, possibly (hopefully) in one of your bulbs on that side, or if you replaced any of them, you may've replaced it with one with the incorrect specs and it's drawing too much amperage, check your bulbs first.

Good Luck

Forgot to mention-I haven't touched anything electrical since installing the stereo 4 months ago. Haven't had a problem with that. I am going to look open the three up and check the bulbs but in the meantime any more advice?

Problem solved. I think there was water in my trailer hitch plug. When I removed the taillight housing the ground for the trailer hitch wiring cam off. I tried touch this wire to the metal with the lights on and it faded the lights and smelled like it was burning. So I taped up the end and put everything back together. Now I just need to figure out how to get the trailer lights working again.

Also installed silverstars when I was done. Great improvement over stock wagners!

Back