• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

quick ford d44 front end question

XJ_ranger

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
what is the bearing that goes inside the spindle, between the spindle and the axle stubb shaft called? the wheel bearings are inside the hub correct?

thanks

There is an inner and outer wheel bearing, the inner bearing is in the hub, the outer bearing is still in the hub but in the back side of it.

NAPA calls it a spindle bearing. (catchy name, huh?) You can get it seperately, or in a kit with the seals.
BTW, it CAN be a PITA to replace. The old one likes to hang on for dear life in the spindle. You'll need a long punch.

Last edited:
BillR said:
NAPA calls it a spindle bearing. (catchy name, huh?) You can get it seperately, or in a kit with the seals.
BTW, it CAN be a PITA to replace. The old one likes to hang on for dear life in the spindle. You'll need a long punch.

thanks guys - i had a bad spindle bearing (as in the needles on the needle bearings were ground into balls) and figure that i ought to replace all the parts while i got it out - ball joints, inner and outer wheel bearings and obivously the spindle bearing...

-Ranger

Be VERY careful when you're punching the bearing out that you don't hit the end of the spindle. If you mess up the threads... :rattle:

I believe the part number is some form of 2110 at most autoparts stores. Most places won't find it on any of their lists if you ask them to just look it up by make/model.

I'm remembering that off the top of my head, but I can check my spare when I get home.

EDIT: Yep, b2110 at Kragens. "Front Spindle Hub bearing" Get the old one out and check the numbers on it to be sure if they haven't worn off.

EDIT #2:
BrettM said:

The bearing I'mm refering too isn't shown on that diagram unless I'm blind. But I don't see the spindle on that diagram either.

Last edited:
CarQuest also lists the pn as B2110 and the easiest way I've found to remove the old one is to take a die grinder with a carbide bit and grind through the race. Once you get a spot worn through, it slides right out.

Back