• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Alignment ?

ILLXJ

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
My tires are cupping on the inner edge. I do a 5 tire rotation every oil change. Toe in is less than 1/8". But the pass. front tire looks like it is angled out at the front. I do have a pull to the right. How do I correct this? TIA. JIM.

If the tire looks out of line, it may be an illusion due to the way the front fenders taper inward. It's also possible there's may be more than the 1/8" toe mentioned. If it were mine, I'd set the toe to 0 and check the castor. How old are your shocks and steering stabilizer? What else have you checked, worn parts, bushings, tire balance?

People can't help without some info to go on. Your sig contains two XJ's. Who knows which one you're having a problem with.

This is on the 96. Shocks are less than 1 1/2 yrs. old. Steering stabilizer is probably original. TRE's do not have any excessive play in them. Balljoints are OK. All of the bushings on the front end seem OK. I don't think it is tire balance since the only vibes I have go away when I disconnect the front driveshaft. Just thought of something that I need to check, the torque on the unit bearings. I do believe that could cause this problem. JIM.

Back