• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to Identify Dana 44 3.92+ carrier?

P1atinum

Aerodynamically Challenge
Hey all,

I am trying to tell if this carrier I have is for 3.92 and numerically higher gears? Is there any markings or mesurements I can take to ID and verify I have the right carrier.

Thanks
P1

Do you have it out now? What markings (if any) are on it, and does it already have a ring gear mounted to it?

Yeah the Carrier is out, but I dont have gears on it.. It was given to me without gears on it and was told it was for the 3.92+.

When I get home I can take a closer look for markings, the ones I do remember were raised numbers on the under side of where the gear sits. Ill take a pic and post them up here.

My concern is that This carrier looks like the same size as the stock carrier that is in the 44 now. Which I know has 3.56 gears.

From what I understand, due to the smaller pinion size a carrier that would fit 3.92+ gears would need to move the gear seat closer to the center of the carrier and in turn closer to the pinion.

Visual looking at these, they look the same. Now granted one is sitting in the diff and one is out. and I am not realy sure how much the gear needs to move to reach the pinion. 1/16th? an 1/8? I have no Idea.

Thanks
P1

Back