• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pre 96 to 97+ mirrors

BIGSLVRXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Correct me if I'm wrong but the 97+ side mirrors will fit on my 90, without modification right? I know I've heard of people doing it and just saw a guy on ebay selling a 2000 passenger side mirror and he said it will bolt to pre 96s. Thanks in advance.
Collin

Thank you, preciate it. Now to post in the wanted section.

Hi Collin, I think it was my auction you saw for the heated mirrors. If I knew you were in the market, I could shipped them with the rocking seat rails to you.

Anyways, here a write up on GoJeep's website. (scroll to the bottom for the 97+ mirrors) http://go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoMirrors.htm

Mirror5.JPG

6izXJ said:
the grand mirrors look similiar
do they fit?
I think the mounting base on grands are different but I'm not 100% sure.

Make sure to put Loc-tite on the screws, they go into the plastic of the newer mirrors and it helps keep um nice and tight. Maybe if i could hear better and stopped cranking my stereo everything would stay tight..... Its a nice upgrade good luck.

I have manual mirrors on my 94 XJ. Do they make manually controlled mirrors on the 97-01 XJs? If so they will bolt right up to my 94?

ccsp said:
I have manual mirrors on my 94 XJ. Do they make manually controlled mirrors on the 97-01 XJs? If so they will bolt right up to my 94?
I've never seen a manually adjustable 97+ XJ mirror but the Jeep catalog says that they exist. (no picture of it though)
The electric remote mirrors can be manually aimed be pushing on the glass. Just set them where you want them and leave 'em. :)

JEEPZZ said:
I've never seen a manually adjustable 97+ XJ mirror but the Jeep catalog says that they exist. (no picture of it though)
The electric remote mirrors can be manually aimed be pushing on the glass. Just set them where you want them and leave 'em. :)

I think thats all they ever were. The only part numbers I have ever seen for the mirror opening cover, is with tweeter, or without. No designation for power or non. If you didn't have power, you just had to adjust it with your hand. At least thats my best guess at this point, since every SE I have ever seen still had power mirrors.

Last edited:
ccsp said:

Yes, the 97-01 ones I got from quadratec are manual, and they fit on my '88 so no probs with your '94 Good Luck

XJING said:
Yes, the 97-01 ones I got from quadratec are manual, and they fit on my '88 so no probs with your '94 Good Luck

Cool! So do you remove the 94 mirror adjuster or does the 97 mirror have a new adjuster? Sorry for the dumb questions, Im just having a hard time picturing how to incorporate the new mirror on the old door and be able to adjust it.

XJING said:
I'm curious, do they have an inside adjuster knob/handle or do you just have to adjust it by pivoting the mirror by hand?

JEEPZZ said:
I'm curious, do they have an inside adjuster knob/handle or do you just have to adjust it by pivoting the mirror by hand?
the ones i have you pivot by hand but I think they have the adjuter knob as well, have to look at cataloque or Quadratec.

Back