• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cheap hub solution

littlexj1

NAXJA Forum User
i am looking to replce the hub assemble,the last owner ran down a u-joint till the axle ears and hub ears where hitting...i got new shafts but i need hubs...the prices i am finding are over 100...any body got a place thats a little cheaper

I wish there was a cheaper way, I just had to replace mine a few months ago i got a set of timmkens at autozone for about $120 a side if i recall correctly. Since they are so expensive i decideed to spend the extra money to put a better bearing in there rather than sticking a garbage bearing in. The only cheap option i could give ya is convert it to 2WD :D, their bearings are a lot cheaper.

UMMMM The hub does not have ears, Are you talking about the short wheel side axle shaft that passes THROUGH the hub assembly? You probably dont not need hubs at all.

the axle assembly is made up of 4 independant parts, the inner axle shaft, the u joint or cv joint, the outer axle shaft and the hub assembly

axle comes out of the carrier to the u-joint...the u-joint connects the axle to the hub....it is at this point the system has failed for me ...the ears off the axle and hub (caps of the u-joint connect to) have smashed together...i got an axle but i need the hub assembly

littlexj1 said:
axle comes out of the carrier to the u-joint...the u-joint connects the axle to the hub....it is at this point the system has failed for me ...the ears off the axle and hub (caps of the u-joint connect to) have smashed together...i got an axle but i need the hub assembly

no you are wrong the hub is an independant part from the piec that has ears on it. that piece is the outter axle shaft. There is a large nut on the outside of teh hub that holds it in place. and the inside of the hub is splined. you need an outer axle and inner axle shaft and u joint not a hub
picture.JPG

See the hub is a different piece than the axle shafts. the axle is 3 parts the inner, outer shafts and the ujoint, the hub is removable from the outer axle see the pic
picture.JPG

sorry for the crappy pics I just took with my camera.

Last edited:
u guys rock...thanks for taking the time to explain that for me.. pics are great...i understand how it works and what i am looking at now...it is the axle outer shaft i need.....thankyou

Back