• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

best water pump for an 01 xj ?

NAPA lifetime warranty water pumps are fine. In fact, any autoparts store water pump with a lifetime warranty should be fine. I have a NAPA one on my '89 and have no issues.

xtremewlr said:
NAPA lifetime warranty water pumps are fine. In fact, any autoparts store water pump with a lifetime warranty should be fine. I have a NAPA one on my '89 and have no issues.

Well i would not get an "remanufactured one" i have heard lots of bad things that the new parts are total crap. I would up the few buck to get a new highquality one, not some tawainese shit. I forget who it is but someone has a nice rebuild kit to use the factory housing with nice brass internals.

take a look at www.hescosc.com

Last edited:
I seconded above, go the Hesco one. I fitted it just before my last Outback trip and the temps were way more even ;)

XJZ said:
Hesco's are a work of art, second to none. Steer clear of the FlowKoolers.

Hesco's prices are also a work of art. What's so bad about Flowkooler anyway? My first Flowkooler worked great but it started leaking after 60k miles. Flowkooler honoured their limited lifetime warranty and sent me a new replacement. I'm very happy with the way they perform, and the latest versions look better built.

Dr. Dyno said:
Hesco's prices are also a work of art. What's so bad about Flowkooler anyway? My first Flowkooler worked great but it started leaking after 60k miles. Flowkooler honoured their limited lifetime warranty and sent me a new replacement. I'm very happy with the way they perform, and the latest versions look better built.

Can you tell if those flowkoolers are new or rebuilt from cores ?

As far as I can tell, and according to Flowkooler themselves, they are new. I wasn't happy that my old one started leaking after just 60k miles but at least I got a free replacement (minus the cost of shipping my old one back to them) so that made up for it. The new one looks better quality than the old one so hopefully it'll be the last pump I'll ever use on my Jeep.

Back