• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pro Comp tire sale?

blaisetd

NAXJA Forum User
Last year i bought a set of Pro Comp X-Terrains on sale 2 for 1. Does anyone know when they might be doing the sale again? Need a spare and wouldn't mind getting 2 for 1 again.... thanks in advance blaise

Yeah, I've only heard of the 4 for 3 offer. But check how much the price is for the size you want. Then check the price on March 1. My buddy who runs a shop says that Pro Comp requires retailers to jack up the price of the tires during the "sale". You'll probably save a little, but not as much as you think.

ok im getting ready for 35's so I have been doing some checking with different tire dealers. I turns out the the Mud King tire is the same as the pro comp. just a little different tread design but basically the same tire, made by the same company. and the 35x12.50x15 Mud King runs around 120.00 compared to the 184 for the procomp. Also been hearing really good things about the Cooper STT and the Kumho MT's. Anyone have experience with any of the 3

What brand name is that mud king? Are the new cooper muds available yet? I'm thinking about a set of 35 MTR's but the best price I can find is $200 per tire out the door and I'd be willing to try the other two for that kind of savings.

xjohnnyc said:
Yeah, I've only heard of the 4 for 3 offer. But check how much the price is for the size you want. Then check the price on March 1. My buddy who runs a shop says that Pro Comp requires retailers to jack up the price of the tires during the "sale". You'll probably save a little, but not as much as you think.

So that is why the Pro Comp MT's price caught up to the BFG MT's.

I also noticed the price hike. But, if you are buying 4 tires you do save some money. Just not what you should be saving. What a bunch of
jerkit.gif

I did the buy 3 get the 4th free last year on the Pro-Comp M/T. They did jack up the price of each tire by $15 for the sale but was still way cheaper than any other brand..

slowrider said:
What brand name is that mud king? Are the new cooper muds available yet? I'm thinking about a set of 35 MTR's but the best price I can find is $200 per tire out the door and I'd be willing to try the other two for that kind of savings.

MT/R 35x12.5-15

Sam's Club $186 and you pick them up

Offroad Toy Store $188 shipped

jrsxj98 said:
If I recall correctly the Pro Comp's are made by BFG, so is the Mud King.
Pro-cr@p is made by Cooper!

jrsxj98 said:
ok im getting ready for 35's so I have been doing some checking with different tire dealers. I turns out the the Mud King tire is the same as the pro comp. just a little different tread design but basically the same tire, made by the same company. and the 35x12.50x15 Mud King runs around 120.00 compared to the 184 for the procomp. Also been hearing really good things about the Cooper STT and the Kumho MT's. Anyone have experience with any of the 3

I am going to be looking for tires in the near future, I have seen the Mud Kings in action and they are for the most part as good as BFG MT's. I do not know if they are radials though or where I could get 33's for around the $120. Would a store like discount tire or any other big multibrand tire store carry these?

slowrider said:

U can get 35x12.50x15 at Sam's Club for $184/tire, 37's for $195. Check there. samsclub.com I highly suggest the MTRs for Cali trails and other rock trails, there only weakness is in the mud. Sam's also carries Dunlop Mud Rover MTs and BFG ATs for good prices, check there 1st.

Troy

Big Red said:
U can get 35x12.50x15 at Sam's Club for $184/tire, 37's for $195. Check there. samsclub.com I highly suggest the MTRs for Cali trails and other rock trails, there only weakness is in the mud. Sam's also carries Dunlop Mud Rover MTs and BFG ATs for good prices, check there 1st.

Troy

Sam's also lists the 35" MT/R's for 186.64

That's not including mounting,balancing, etc

jrsxj98 said:
Also been hearing really good things about the Cooper STT and the Kumho MT's. Anyone have experience with any of the 3

Justin, I ran Kumho's and loved them, until they went bald; but that was my fault. If I hadn't got such a good deal on some BFG Muds, I'd have another set on the rig right now............. :pig:

I am running the BFG MT's. But if I were ever to think about buying Pro Comp MT's? I would go to Retreads first.

i run cooper stts. they do good, nice road manners. i did slash a hole in the sidewall this weekend. only had 7k on em too. i am happy with them despite the sidewall strength, but what can you expect from a generic mud tire.

I just scored a set of 35" MTR's for $169.00 each. Discount/Americas Tire will beat your local competitors price, but will match an Internet price. I told them that www.tirerack.com had them fro $169.00 each, and they happily matched it. $723.00 with tax out the door. I mounted them myself. :thumbup:

<edit> Here’s the link that I gleaned this information from.

Last edited:
Back