• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Axle Nosie In 4x4

PAULIE710

NAXJA Forum User
RECENTLY I BOUGHT A 95 CHEROKEE SPORT.....THE OTHER DAY I WAS DRIVING DOWN THE STREET AND STARTED TO HEAR THIS HEAVY NOISE COMING FROM FRONT END ......SOUNDED LIKE THE WHOLE FRONT END WAS GOING TO FALL OUT.....i CHECKED THE FRONT END....NO PROBLEM FOUND.....tHEN I TOOK IT TO A PARKING LOT....AND PUT IT IN 4X4....AND WHEN I TURN THE WHEEL AND ACCELERATED THERE WAS THE NOISE.....NASTY....LOUD AND HEAVY......WHAT COULD THIS BE?? aND WHY DID IT MAKE THAT NOISE IN 2WD....COULD THE TRANSFER CASE BE GOING IN AND OUT OF 4X4 ON ITS OWN??

You must be kidding. I dont even know where to start with this one. Using 4x4 in a parking lot? Turning the wheel and accelerating in 4x4? Both of these are ill advised unless the parkling lot in question is full of bb's, or ice, or both. Is your truck lifted? What motor, tranny, transfer case do you have?
AND STOP USING CAPS.
:dunce:

jack up the front end and spin the wheels by hand... turn the front d/shaft by hand.. if it happened fairly quickly it sounds like something failed. you said a "noise" do you fel it in the floor? the steering wheel? and next time make sure its a dirt parking lot... any more input you have will definatley help...
mc

Back