• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ARB solenoid fitting?

Mike L

NAXJA Forum User
I know it is British standard pipe thread, but isn't it 1/8" tapered or something like that? I need to order the bsp to NPT adapter from McMaster-Carr and want to make sure I get the right one. I am going to be plumbing my ARB into my OBA and am going to connect the solenoid directly to a regulator.

I know the ARB solenoid uses a coupler between the solenoid and the ARB pump. Would it be good to use that coupler or just get a male NPT to male BSP that way the solenoid would screw onto the adapter directly. I think male to male would be the best way. I think the correct p/n for the adapter would be 4860K611 at www.mcmaster.com. I just don't want to order it and have it be wrong.

British Pipe thread is tapered just like the U.S. standard. 1/8" is the correct one.

I have always used the coupler that came with the ARB. The threads are close enough that it really doesn't matter. I use teflon (liquid or tape) on the joints and haven't had a leak. I haven't mic'd the fittings but they are dang close.

There has to be a tubing supply place local to you. I would go there if your worried about it and try some different fittings.

Later,
Lincoln

According to McMaster-Carr's site the difference is in the degree of the taper. IIRC the difference is only one thread.

-Mike

Back