• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mild to moderate run for Sat or Sun (26/27 Feb)?

desertjeeper

NAXJA Member #1195
Anybody up for a mild to moderate run this weekend? I'd like to do something fairly local (within 2 hours drive from Rosamond, CA) I was thinking Rhower, Last Chance Canyon, maybe even Calico. I'm up for suggestions, I could even go play in the hills around Lake L.A. something to that effect. I have done some mods to the Jeep since it's last seen the trail so this will be a bit of a shake down run. (first time out on 33s)

Like I said I'm open to suggestions. Anybody doing something that I could tag along or want to hook up? I just don't want to go out alone.

Stoddard.

Moderate to Difficult. You can skip Pumpkin if you want.

South 247, right on Stoddard Wells Rd. 8:00AM

Black XJ, Silver XJ, etc...

--ron

4ejsmith said:
Have you ran last chance canyon? I was thinking about checking it out Sunday.
Not a far drive from Lancaster.

It's been a couple of years, I haven't been up there since I sold the TJ. There is probably some water to deal with right now but it shoudn't be too bad. If you want to hook up and do Last Chance Canyon let me know, otherwise I guess I will take the Captain up on Stoddard.

im goin to Stoddard with the Cap'n

stoddard wells road.. 8AM... i might be 5 or so mins late.... (breakfast + lunch :kissyou: )
but probably not

i dont know about you.. but pumpkin eater is freekin hard.... it works my junk whenever i go....

I ended up going on the run with Captain Ron, Witt and others. We did Pumpkin Eater and the next wash over (to the east). This was a little more difficult of a run than I had in mind but I'm glad I decided to go, It was a really good time. Thanks to everyone for comming out, and for helping me along the trail when I needed it. Damb now I want to do it again...

PICTURES

nice pics... i wana see some of the video that was taken....
i had a blast leading the group.... although we didnt get to finish the trails (which was a good idea because i really didnt feel like staying on the trail till 6-7pm) i thought that the trail was challenging enough for a day run...
O btw for anyone who wants to go soon.. the trail is pretty tore up..... the rocks have been dug up a bit and moved from the rain a week prior.... but still do-able and very fun....
:wave:

My pics.

Nice run, great group. Pumkin Eater!

Got up late (5:00 AM) after an all night wrench/fab fest, almost missed witt and desertjeeper, glad we saw you on your way out!

Witt did a great job blazing the way, good choice of obstacles.
Btray made it work on 31's, open in front.
Desertjeeper to the rescue with a tie rod for me. Then making the line that sent my tie rod into a peculiar shape.

In all, everyone found a challenge, no body damage, and other than my tie rod (done with the stock steering, time for a change...), no breakdowns. Everyone was pretty well matched capability wise.

Eric and Luther, PM me with addresses, I'll burn DVD's and send them out. Brian has some footage too...

Let's do it again!

--ron

Back