• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Its in

bgcntry72

NAXJA Forum User
The RE SYE is in, and I have no shims and no vibes up to 65 mph, which was all I could muster in rush hour. The hole aint dead center, and the angle aint perfect, but the self centering flange was very forgiving of me not having a center punch. I will see how it goes on the highway and report back on what shims I use. If anything I think the 4* will do it. Thanks to all who helped with opinions and such throughout. This board is a Godsend to XJ owners and $30 is a steal for what I gain here.

Put the 4* shims in and am vibe free. I was well within the flange hole, but it wasn't dead on. If I ever do get vibes, I will probably move to the AA kit. I could afford it, but didn't want to tackle it as my skills aren't all that yet. World of difference though, as I thought I was vibe free before, but the ride is notably quieter now. Wish I had done this sooner. The only thing I was unsure of was the torque for the ujoint straps. I don't want binding, so I went with 16 lbs and will check periodically.

Back