• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

gabriel shocks

heighton_mu

NAXJA Forum User
hello all i am going to replace my shocks on my 1996 xj since the ride is horrible shocks have never been replaced. i either want to go with the gabriel ultra or new max performance by gabriel the ultras run 29 per each and the max run 49 per each. which should i go with and which one will give me a better ride. thanks!

If it's stock height either will do OK. I generally get whatever Sears has on sale myself, lifetime warranty, I'm on my first free set...

RichP said:
I generally get whatever Sears has on sale myself, lifetime warranty

Ditto. I got Monroe Sensa-Tracs. I even told them as they were explaining the "limited lifetime warranty" that I planned to go offroad and there is a chance that they'll be overextended or compressed beyond what's the norm (Sensa-Tracs are essentially like Edelbrock IASs and have a "sweet spot"), and the clerk said "Whatever, Monroe doesn't specify against that in their warranty, so have fun and we'll see you soon, I guess." I checked out the Gabriel Ultras before I got my Monroes, and they seemed like a good deal. I've not heard of the other version yet.

Back