• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

why cant i get my D30 axle shafts out? HELP

Atl-Atl

NAXJA Forum User
Im trying to put in my lockright, and I cant get the front axles to pull out of the housing, what do I do? Im in the middle of this right now. PLEASE HELP

you mean you cant get the bearing assembly w/ axles out? If thats the case...rusted in unit bearings...keep the nut on the axle shafts tight, pull the brakes off, get a 3 lb sledge hammer, and beat the hell out of the bearing trying to knock it out of the spindle...dont worry about smashing the dust shield, that will come off after the bearing is out and you can toss the dust shield...dont try to knock the bearing out with axle shaft nut off cause you'll take the bearing out in pieces...no good...

thats a great write up...I was going to add to antisieze the bolts and bearing surfaces...
air chisel...hmmm...thats pretty good, I hadnt heard of that before, thanks for the tip...only problem with my air chisel is that the spring got bent and now the chisel part launchs across the shop when you bounce off what your using it on... :wierd: I've got to fix that.

I used a three jaw puller to get my hub assembly off. Worked fine even though I've heard of it pulling the outer off the bearing. Then the axle just slid right out.

Back