• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lower 2, Here I come

4ward

NAXJA Forum User
Not that I wasn't going to be doing it anyhow, but I've got my 8274 finally. If it's raining, I'm going down it, if it's even halfway dry I'm going up.

Winch is paid for, now I just need to come up with the scratch to get it shipped to me and build a new front bumper.

Sean

A winch!!!

Man, Just Nail It :)~

I never though I'd see the day...next it'll be 40" MTRs on alloys

You been hanging around with those Westcoast guys again?

actually last time i was there i went up it in about 10 minutes or less. they blew up the big rock in the middle and made it a lot easier than it used to be. of course you know tellico, it just might be rediculously hard again when we get there.

Well, I certainly hope it's ridiculously hard again. Why in the hell did they blow up the rock?

Woody, I'll never own MTR's. Krawlers are an entirely different story now. Alloy w/ beadlocks are on the wish list. Maybe some day I'll win the lottery.

Sean

yup...its nowhere near as hard as it was ...last couple of times I've been about 10 minutes was all it took. Whats worse than that is Helicopter pad has become easy too, we walked right up it a few weeks ago,the big rock that smashes glass fell out of the hill. Maybe it will just pour rain to make things more interesting.....

This is very disconcerting news to me. Almost enough to make me back out on the trip. I've got a major suspension redesign that would be a whole lot easier to get done before moab if I didn't come down there. Lower 2 was the last trail that was calling my name down there. Paragon is the same distance for me and there's ALL KINDS of killer terrain there that I haven't even looked at. Somebody smack some sense into me soon.

Sean

You know Tellico, it could come a good rain between now and then and change things all over again. If you have to justify the trip to yourself, simply make an hour detour on your way there or back and make a run up Rattlerock in Windrock, that should make your trip worth the effort if Tellico lets you down.

I was just on lower 2 last sat and its looking realy mean. I didn`t get to run it, after waiting 3 hours for some hybrids to get off the trail I got sick of waiting and turned around and went on up bobsled in the rain, that was fun. Anyway it looks way harder than it was in Aug. I`ll see ya`ll there the 12th.

Sweet, guess I'll be there then. I guess ya just gotta have faith in the jeepin' gods to bring upon the good terrain when ya need it :D

Sean

Gettin' mighty confident in all of your parts holding up there Dan????? Are you gonna try it on Thurs so that we can fix you for the next couple of days so you can try it again :D

Sean

yeah dan, don't forget to bring a spare pinion yoke this time too heh heh, last time i was there that kept you off the trails for a good bit if i remember correctly. gettin excited now, can't believe its so close already!

blah, blah, blah.

I really want to wheel one time and not break. Lets hope this will be the time. After spending all the freakin money that I did over the winter, it "should" hold up.

Got new springs, new axles, big tires (bigger), front locker, rear spool, and of course I still have my trusty Warn if my ego is bigger than guard rail. :D

I was just looking over some pictures from Tellico from around several years ago and it's amazing how much Lower #2 has changed. The bank on the right side of the trail going up used to all but not exist, at it's hightest it was 1-2 feet tall, now it's taller than most rigs. From every picture I could find of it back then it was at best a level 3 trail, now it's all but impassable at times until they get in there with the dynamite. Sorry to get off topic but it just blew my mind how much things have changed, no wonder the greenies are so up in arms about erosion.

I can't wait, I haven't been to Tellico since two days after x-mas. It should be a nice relaxing break after this weekend in Jellico.

Back