• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1992 xj 2.5L 5 spd rare ????

jdw96035

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 1992 xj am/fm, air,carpet,cloth seats, 2.5L injected, 5 spd, 30 hp in front
35 in rear 4.10 gearing. all stock except 30-9.50-15 tires and 3" lift.
I keep hearing wow I have never seen that before- manual trans in xj from factory.

is it rare to have this factory combo??????

so far I have owned it 3 years and just started making it a little more trail worthy.

jdw96035 said:
I have a 1992 xj am/fm, air,carpet,cloth seats, 2.5L injected, 5 spd, 30 hp in front
35 in rear 4.10 gearing. all stock except 30-9.50-15 tires and 3" lift.
I keep hearing wow I have never seen that before- manual trans in xj from factory.

is it rare to have this factory combo??????

so far I have owned it 3 years and just started making it a little more trail worthy.

Is it rare to have a 5 speed? No. Is it rare to have a four cylinder...sorta in a 92, but it not 1 in a million or anyhting.

No, not terribly rare (we have an '87). From my observations around here it would seem that that would be the second or third most common configuration for pre '97's. First most common being 4.0 auto, then a toss-up between 4.0 5spd and 2.5 5spd, with the 2.5 auto being the rarest (gee, I wonder why?).
Now the '97+ 2.5 5spd that I see around here once in a while is probably really rare.

I've got a 98 XJ with the 2.5/5-speed combo. Never really thought about it but yeah i guess that combo is kinda rare for a 98.

Back