• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Relocating Shock Mounts

thisfirstlove

NAXJA Forum User
Ive got the rancho RSX9000 and im really pleased with their perfromance...only problem is i stupidly bought the 0-3in of lift version. Now i wanna go 4.5-6.0in and i dont wanna buy new shocks. Relocating the rear mounts should not be a problem..but what about up front. Can i use some sort of spacer, i would probablly have to fab my own

You can gain about an 1/2 to 3/4" with Bar Pins from JKS, but never enough to get to that lift height. Your better off selling them and getting new shocks. But that is my 02.

I was trying to buy a little time on my shocks also. On the back, I relocated the axle mount up a few inches. For the front, I took some 2x3 tube and cut it to except the lower shock and Bar Pin. Then drilled holes for the bolts. Bought longer bolts and run the bolts througt the stock bar pin through the "lift block" and through the stock axle mount. Hope that makes sence. Been that way for a year now,however new shocks are on the way.

Jerry

juicexj24 said:
You can gain about an 1/2 to 3/4" with Bar Pins from JKS, but never enough to get to that lift height. Your better off selling them and getting new shocks. But that is my 02.

Yup, agreed, March 1st-31st, they have buy three gone one free!!

tcm glx said:
Yup, agreed, March 1st-31st, they have buy three gone one free!!

who is "they"?
and are you talking about shocks or BPEs?

Back