• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Windshield wiper problem, part II

ShinyXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Thanks to all those who responded to my first post regarding my wipers not working.

I checked the fuse/breaker in the fuse panel and it's fine, so that rules that out. Looks like the other options are a bad motor or a bad switch on the column. Someone suggested using a volt meter to test the moter...can anyone elaborate on how to go about this? Any way I can rule out either the motor or the switch easily?

New motor is $235, new switch is $125. Either way I'm screwed but I need to figure out where the problem lies (both parts need to be special ordered).

Thanks!

Scott

Now they work!!!

I took the Jeep for a spin this evening and flipped on the wipers, expecting exactly NOTHING to happen. Imagine my delight when they worked again! I can't figure out why they stopped working for four days, but I'm gauessing the problem is going to show up again sooner or later. Maybe a loose wire or a short somewhere. Lots of strange problems fixing themselves this week!

This ia s stalk problem. The contacts inside the stalk are either dirty or worn. You can try to dismantle it to clean or pick up a new one in the junk yard. You can test for continuity of the circuit to be sure of this. There will be an orange flat connector under the dash that is the wires to the cruise and wipers. Refer to schematics to see what wire is what.

XJguy

Back