• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 1600 and HD mount

mack

NAXJA Forum User
Can i run my RE1600 trackbar with the heim joint on the RE or rustys HD frame mounts? it look's like the heim would just move around in the mount, and the bolt hole in both mounts looks kinda small, i think the one that came with my re1600 was a 5/8 bolt, i just need a little help here, i can't buy a new trackbar, but i need the mount.
Any help is great!
thanks

5/8" is pretty big for a bolt.
i dont see why you wouldnt be able to, however the bracket has a 2" wide opening on both of them and i doubt that the hiem takes up 2" of room.
some washers could probably help you out there - however a RE SF joint only costs about 35.00 so you might as well get the bracket and the joint and be done, know it will fit, and know it isnt booty-fabbed

also if you do go the superflex route - there is a sleve in your trackbar that makes the hiem stud 3/4" threads and that will have to be removed to fir the 1" threaded RE SF joint.
Call the RE sales reps - they know thier stuff and are fun to talk too.

so i can keep the RE1600 and just get a superflex joint so it will work with the HD frame mount? anyone know a part# for that SF joint?

there is a sleve in the end of the trackbar that necks down the 1" threads to 3/4" threads

RE's heim uses the 3/4" threads and the SF joint uses 1" threads

thought the bar is competely different - i dont know the interchangeability of them. Give RE a call - they are very helpful...

-Ranger

When I bought the bracket I had to drill the hole larger to accomodate the RE 1600 heim joint bolt size. It seems that the bolt size is set up for the RE 1660 (?) trackbar with the SuperFlex joint in it which is smaller than the heim I have. There are a pair of spacers that take up the extra space between the heim and bracket when using the 1600. I had to find them myself since they weren't provided by RE with the bracket.

John90XJ said:
spacers that take up the extra space between the heim and bracket.

Misalignment bushings.

where do i find these??
John90XJ said:
Like I said, spacers. :laugh3:

can anyone PLEASE post a pic of this setup? i really can't buy a new trackbar, but i need a frame mount.

What's wrong with your current frame mount?

the coil rub's it a bit, and i just want to get a little more flex.

RE 5.5 with ACOS, upper and lower SF adjustable control arms, RE1600 trackbar, jks disco's, that's it for the front i think, it only seem's just touch it at full stuff (i think) because alittle paint is missing in that spot on the frame mount.
sidriptide said:
tell us more about your lift... sounds like you are "band-aiding" a problem of some kind..

So you're using the heim joint with the factory mount? You do need to get the bracket then...it will allow the heim to work in its correct axis and allows the max droop. Inn my case it allowed the heim joint to last longer since it was being used in the correct position with the bolt going through it horizontally. The RE bracket also drops the bar down a little, generally improving angles.

that's the prob, the RE frame mount won't work with the RE1600, i called them and they said i have to run the HD trackbar too, the RE1600 was made to work with the stock mount.

copied directly from RE ***RE1660 Extra H.D. Track Bar XJ/ZJ - Must be used with RE1665 bracket. Special design uses Super-Flex joint on one end for max articulation and durability. More length adjustability than other bars. For lifts between 4" - 6".
tnRE1660.jpg

***RE1665 H.D. Track Bar Bracket XJ/ZJ - Extra H.D.front track bar bracket for Cherokee and Grand Cherokee. Required drop bracket for installation of RE1660.
tnRE1665.jpg

;)

That's not entirely true.

It's required to run the RE 1660 bar but can be run with the 1600. If you read back a few posts I talked about drilling the hole out. The hole in my bracket was too small for the bolt that goes through the heim joint. It needed to be drilled larger to accomodate the larger bolt and then the appropriate spacers (misalignment bushings) installed. Look on the RE site and you'll see a hardware kit for the RE 1600 bar that includes all of that.

RE1684.jpg

Something else that comes to mind that might help you....the RE photo of the trackbar shows it upside down, the trackbar bracket is shown laying on its side. The photos are not helping at all to show how the components work together.

jlane99xj, i know how they work, i don't have the RE1660, i have the RE1600, thats why it won't work.

john90xj, can you please post a pic of that setup?

Back