• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How much spacing ..?

Stonycar

NAXJA Forum User
Yeah I was concidering the 16x8 rubicon wheels on 33s or 35s anybrand, on a 5,5 or 6 inch lift but i'm not sure about the backspacing of those wheels. I know i'll need spacing but how much? and will it be the same if i use 33s first than 35s later?? Thnaks guys

Sorry, I don't know what back spacing stock rubicon wheels are. Should be on the web someplace.
I do know that in order to keep my 32x11's and 33x10.5's inside the wheel wells I ran 4.5 inch BS.
When I went to 35x12.5, I think I'm using 3.75 BS now, gave up keppin the rubber inside and just cut more.

Ok... Let's say the tj rubicon wheels (moab wheels) have 5" of BS. My xj is lifted 5,5 to 6 inches. If i use a 1.25" aluminum spacer, will that mean the wheels are now equivalent to a 3,75" BS set of wheel? Would that be enough or should I use more spacing or just go with another set of wheels with like 3,25" BS ????????? Thanks again...

Rubicon wheels are 16x8 with the same back spacing as other stock Jeep wheels. There are several choices when it comes to 33" and 35" tires for a 16" wheel. TrXus comes to mind, I'm sure you can MTR's in those sizes as well.

I checked the rims, I am running 4" BS rims 15x8 with 35x12.5 TrXus rubber.
This however places about 4 inches of the tire outside the fenderwell. (more on the front, have a wider axle in front)
Point is, if you havent cut the fenders yet, you'll most likely contact the fenders with 3.75 BS rims.

Starboard M said:
FYI, the Rubbicon wheels arnt 16x8. They are 15x8. There are very few 33 and 35'' tires that use a 16'' wheel.
:wierd: Rubie wheels ARE 16".

BillR said:
:wierd: Rubie wheels ARE 16".
Yup, 16x8, with 5" backspacing. For comparison, all other XJ and TJ wheels I know of had 5.25" BS.

Back