• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transfercase Options

Fletch85

NAXJA Forum User
I think my stock Tcase is going to crap out on me soon. So I am looking for a new Tcase. I want something gear driven and something thats not going to cost me an arm&leg. And something that will bolt up to my trans or can be easily modified to bolt up.

You are going to pay big bucks no matter what you do, unless you go the junk yard route. The best t-case would be an Atlas2, it bolts right up with only a 1 inch spacer on the tranny side if you have an AW4. The only problem is you then need 2 new driveshafts and you have to cut up your floor a bit.

Do you really need more case than what a NP231 can offer? Do you want lower t-case gears? The NP231 is a good case and you can buy them over the counter with lots of options(4:1, SYE, HD Chain). They bolt right in and your front shaft will fit. Or you could get a case from a TJ Rubicon, but why spend that much, when you could just get an Atlas..

Greg

You can do a flipped D300 for ~$500 + rebuild and yokes. There's a nice gear driven, and twin stick'd t-case. Plus it has a better low range (stock) than the 205. Of course, you will still need to get your shafts modifed.

Jay

I just got a Rubicon t-case for $1K on ebay. By the time you pay close to $1K for the Tera 4:1 kit, you could have the NV241 with its stronger planatary gears, etc etc. Check it out here:

http://www.rubiconowners.com/TransferCase.html

For $1K and just about a bolt in, it's not a very hard decision. The Atlas 2 would be nice, but more than twice as expensive as the the Rubi nv241. The 241 is a very common t-case used in pickups and now it comes from the factory with no slip yoke. Another option for nice gears is a Klune with a early bronco dana 20, but that is alot of $ but nice option I was looking at. The combined length of the klune and dana 20 about the same length as the np231 with the SYE.

Troy

Back