• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

adjustable control arms?

4x4forlife

NAXJA Forum User
ok guys this may be a stupid question but it just popped into my head. OK now i have the Full traction long arm kit with the adjustable CA's. now they come with the nuts on the thread of the CA's to tighten down the joints. Now do we really need to tighten them down? i dont see any way the joints will be able to come off the thread unless the whole axle rotates like 15x around? Also not tightening them down wouldnt it take stress off of the joints at full flex??? I was thinking this part b/c then it can twist alittle at the thread too.?. let me know your opinions..

Like i said, i really dont know anything about this so i am just wondering. If i got it totally wrong let me know.

Thanks,

Trevor

That might sount like a good idea you proposed, But in a matter of months, assumming you drive the XJ daily, your threads will start to wear.

As the threads would be taking all the foce of the axle rotating back and forth. The your junk goes clunk every time you step on and off the gas.

Bad idea unless you like to sound like you pushing a shopping cart around evertime you hit a bump.

the jam nuts are there to protect the threads and suck up the play in between teeth of the threads...

-Ranger

It's kind of odd. I have used my rusty's arms for 2 years without jam nuts. All four. I have never heard them clunk and when I checked them out for wear, they looked pretty good. This is after a lot of beating on the trails too. I am not saying that it is right, but it seems to work.

Back