• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What Sye To Get Help !

generalleexj

NAXJA Forum User
ok well i have a 4.5 lift on my 89 XJ right now, and this weekend im putting 4.5 springs all around with spacers, and shackles, giving me around a 6 inch total lift, i have a 1" t case drop and im hoping that i wont have that bad of vibes seeing how my friend had the same set up with no vibes or at least not bad enough to feel. i was wondering if i DO get vibes, what exactly do i need to get, i knwo i need a SYE but is that all i need ? all i want to get is only what i require, not anything extra. i wanted to know the reccomendations of you guys so that i can get a SYE and whatever i need to kill the vibes with the LEAST amount of money because im kinda tite on cash right now, please let me nkow. thanks

id say go with the PORC SYE for 169. Then run a front XJ driveshaft. It might need to be legnthened but if not ur set for around 200 bucks. If it needs to be legnthened then you are probably better off putting the money into a custom driveshaft or one from Tom Woods given that lenghtening usually costs 100 bucks or so and i wouldnt put that much into a front stock XJ shaft.

Your best option is a HD SYE. They not only provide for the use of a CV shaft, but they also give you a heavy duty output shaft. This of course is the most exspensive option. Your next option is a RE Hack 'n Tap, but you retain the stock output shaft. Your last option would be to retain the t-case drop and just try to match the angles at the two yokes. The first 2 options obviously require a new shaft.

Greg

Back