• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

have you moved your washer fluid on 97+

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
I wanna move mine from inside the fender into the engine bay.. has anyone done it?
I got some ideas, but it's always good to compare against what was done as not to repeat others' mistakes :)

Kejtar

hahaha... that';s why I wanna move it :) A bigger problem is that all the selenoids and pumps are kind of exposed there after my wild adventure trimming and removing sheetmetal :) Also the way the fold is done (to reinforce the trim job) there is potential for it to cut into the bottel and cause create a hole/leak there....

Kejtar

Last edited:
Oh yeah your one with TJ flairs, Don't they belong on TJs?

In my 90 I moved the washer bottle and use a plastic container with a hole in it for the pump. Doing this you can find more locations to move it depending on the shape of the new container. The hoses and wires are easy, just extend or follow back an reroute. I use a 40 oz super sipper.

mark
orgs mfg

One of my ideas is to move the washer bottle to the location of where the rear bolt for the stock airbox used to reside.... Trying to find a washer bottle that suits me is though somewhat harder :(

You said you used a 40oz Super sipper... what is that, how does it look like and where did you get it?

Kejtar
P.S. The more I look at my XJ, the more I think that the TJ flares where meant for XJ and them some evil step parent has taken them away and given them to the TJ....

!

Kejtar said:
P.S. The more I look at my XJ, the more I think that the TJ flares where meant for XJ and them some evil step parent has taken them away and given them to the TJ....

Just wait the affect from that beating the step parent gave you will wear off soon and things will become much more clear.

40 oz Super Sipper.

One of those drink cups with a screw on top and a straw coming out of it, us older guys use to get them at 7-11. I must be getting old!

mark
orgs mfg

Been thinking of doing this. I trimmed all the way to the resevoir and would love to trim a little more to tuck the 38's. I am going to stretch the suspension this weekend to see where the tires land.

SeanP

I moved mine from out of the fender when I put in the snorkle but I used the generic washer fluid container/ coolant expansion tank that game with it, but I know you can buy something very similar from Napa. Then you have manys option as to where you would want to mount it, I mounted mine on the firewall and it has been working fine.

Back