• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Harmonic balancer, OEM or Auto Parts Store?

Bradlybob

NAXJA Forum User
My HB is going again. Is this somthing that I should get at the dealership or are there decent ones to be found in the auto parts stores. The last one I put on was from Pakistan Petes down the street and it is starting to spit the rubber after just 3 years and maybe 20k miles. Who makes the best one?
Thanks, Brad

Bradlybob said:
My HB is going again. Is this somthing that I should get at the dealership or are there decent ones to be found in the auto parts stores. The last one I put on was from Pakistan Petes down the street and it is starting to spit the rubber after just 3 years and maybe 20k miles. Who makes the best one?
Thanks, Brad

go OEM or go home. if your rig doesn't breakdown.

i bought one from the dealer. it was only about $10 more than other stores in my area. i did look at a NAPA one and they seemed to be well made.

I got mine from telico4x4.com. It has lasted about 70k miles and through the stroker build. Wasn't all that much.

Stock lasted 15 years and 190,000 miles...but I recently installed a NAPA one...ask me in a few years how it's holding up! It was half the dealer price that helped too. Looks solid.

'89 Laredo I-6

Back