• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brake line Replacement on a 5" lift

4x4crazy

NAXJA Forum User
I was woundering if anyone could help me out with some suggestions for replacing the brake lines in my 5" lifted XJ, Fronts as well as the soft line for the rear and the E brake as well.

Thanks
SEAN.

For soft lines I used YJ lines frt and rear. for the ebrake cable I just relocated the bracket farther back. This worked fine for me. I sit at 7+"'s of lift.

I had herd of the YJ lines for the front but not the rears, as for the E brake, Mine have been disconnected from the brakes (like that when I bought it)and have since then pulled out of the backing plate. I had herd somthing about full size chev 1500 cables being used for the longer length.

Nope, the crossover moves with the axle so it stays away from the driveshaft. I still had two of the original four springs from the stock e-brake cables as well and those help hold the whole thing up. You can see those on both pics, one is over the muffler and the other is right across from it.

Back