• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any Parts off an Older Astrovan Work Van that can be swapped/used on an XJ??

eric91xj

NAXJA Forum User
Just wondering as far as rear springs or what rears they came with, trans, motor, stuff like that because i know someone who is junking theres not cause there is much wrong with it but just cause they don't use it and its been sitting in there driveway so long they just don't wanna look at it. I have access to anything on the truck that i want so i'm wondering if there could be anything useable on it.

Later,

Eric

From what I remember, they are LEAF spring(as in one singular leaf that's about 1/2" to 3/4" thick). No idea what the axle is(10bolt?). Should be IFS front. I dunno, you might find something if you looked long enough, but nothing blatant that comes to mind. HTH, Peace

Ary

The rear springs are probably monoleaf fiberglass which is not the hot ticket for off-road use. Scratch 'em up on the rocks and you'll end up with fractures.

If it has the V6, that's a good lightweight powerplant to replace the XJ V6 or 4-banger.
4.3 with 700R tranny

The back of the Astro should have a regular Leaf pack similar to the S-10 truck (I know some of them did). If it is the van with no windows in the back it should have a little heavier springs. The s-10 springs actually flex pretty good, but I have no idea what the rate is on them. I have a friend who put a straight axle under an s-10 Blazer and it actually flexed pretty good.

Back