• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Bucket seats

I dont have pictures and my digital is down, but in my 96' 4d:.

I moved my front seats to the rear after installing my race seats.

i built a rectangle out of 1" square stock, drilled some holes and welded in some bolts that replace the stock mounting of the rear seat so I can still remove it. I then built 2 squares out of 1.5" square to moun the seats to and welded it to the rectangle. After drilling holes, I set the seats in place and bolted em down. Its kind of a pain to remove but does work, if you dont mind taking it out the rear hatch, lol.

I got creative and had a Tuffy padded armrest from my Tj that I never put in, so I welded it to the rectangle between the seats.

airway clear
breathing, check
I have a pulse
stand back, this thread needs air... its alive.

close to 4 years old and you're asking for pics.....lol
funny response beakie

Hey, at least the guy is searching!

:yelclap::yelclap::yelclap:

:kissyou:

Robert

I'm getting ready to do this. I only want one rear seat on the pass side rear(for my son), and then mount my 35" spare behind the drivers seat as well as other things.

Post some pics so I can see how it will look?

Shameless hotlink:

1763000070_large.jpg

Looks awkward to me...

Robert

I'm getting ready to do this. I only want one rear seat on the pass side rear(for my son), and then mount my 35" spare behind the drivers seat as well as other things.

My 35" BFG won't stand up inside the rig (though my old Dunlops would) and laying it down won't leave nearly enough space to sit next to it.

Besides, mounting it right behind the seat means you have to unload everything to wrestle it out, and wrestle the muddy flat back in, and then repack everything...

Ask me how I know...

Robert

My 35" BFG won't stand up inside the rig (though my old Dunlops would) and laying it down won't leave nearly enough space to sit next to it.

Besides, mounting it right behind the seat means you have to unload everything to wrestle it out, and wrestle the muddy flat back in, and then repack everything...

Ask me how I know...

Robert

Thanks Robert, good advice! I'll try it a few different ways but right now I'm carrying my spare in the rear over my tool box and a 35 just aint gonna fit there! i don't want to carry it on the back or on top, I like to keep my COG as low as possible.

Back