• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Marshall Engines

91xjtim

NAXJA Forum User
Today I was calling around about a rebuilt 4.0(mine has 160K on it and i was curious). My local NAPA is a distributer of these types of engines and quoted me at $1379 for a dyno tested long block. Any advice good or bad on this? Thanx!

I had a marshall engine put in my 94 after a rod started knockin about 20,000 miles ago. So far, no complaints about the engine, although my exhaust manifold cracked shortly after the engine was put in. They gave me a 3 year, 100,000 mile warranty, which was the best one offered.

I have heard good things about them, I just put in a S&K rebuild from WA. cost 1024, with a 200 core charge. 7yr,70,000mile warrenty. I have creaked the header as well, Rubicon Outfitters Stainless, they are replacing it. Something to do with the high heat that a new engine puts off during break in. If that price includes shipping to the local NAPA, go for it.

I have on from S&K same price no probelms, they even delivered to my house. and picked up core. but i am in WA.

91xjtim said:
Today I was calling around about a rebuilt 4.0(mine has 160K on it and i was curious). My local NAPA is a distributer of these types of engines and quoted me at $1379 for a dyno tested long block. Any advice good or bad on this? Thanx!

They can't be bad, they are made/rebuilt in Nebraska! :)

Back