• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE kit install pictures

skrracing

NAXJA Forum User
I did a 231 swap into our ZJ and while I was at it I decided to go ahead and do the SYE kit at the same time. I used the Advanced Adpters kit and a J.E. Reel driveshaft. I have used this same setup on our XJ and it works great . No vibes or other problem at all. Hope this helps. Later...Clint

ds1.jpg

ds2.jpg

ds3.jpg

ds4.jpg

What is that setup on the rear diff ???

Ford 8.8 with disk brakes. Very solid unit. I am not a Ford fan at all but the 8.8 and larger are very strong. The pictures are from our ZJ but we have the same thing in our XJ running a Corp 8 1/4. later...Clint

No not at all with the SYE kit. I had some vibes before but not now. I was going to move the rear over and use a spacer under one wheel but really did not like that option. The off set is very small and the SYE solved the small vibes I had. Hope that help. later...Clint

Very nice example of the rear pinion angle in conjunction with an SYE, by the way.

Thanks on the angle. I have spent a lot of time on drive shaft angles in our drag car. Makes a huge difference if the angle is not correct. The prices I think start at like 200 bucks. They charge for the length so keep in mind the ZJ is longer. I do not remember what the XJ cost was when I did it. Both times I bought other stuff so it was all grouped together. Our XJ is running an 8 1/4 with the same RE 5.5 setup. It also has the same SYE kit and Reel driveshaft. Neither one has any vibe issues at all and the u-joints are not working hard like some of the other cheaper ways to go. I wanted longevity and no problems...and feel this is a great way to go to have that. I know it cost a bit more but again...it works great and does not have any problems. I know it's not an XJ but here it's the ZJ this kit is on and our XJ as well. Later...Clint

bozj.jpg

xj5.jpg

Thanks on the angle. I have spent a lot of time on drive shaft angles in our drag car. Makes a huge difference if the angle is not correct. The prices I think start at like 200 bucks. They charge for the length so keep in mind the ZJ is longer. I do not remember what the XJ cost was when I did it. Both times I bought other stuff so it was all grouped together. Our XJ is running an 8 1/4 with the same RE 5.5 setup. It also has the same SYE kit and Reel driveshaft. Neither one has any vibe issues at all and the u-joints are not working hard like some of the other cheaper ways to go. I wanted longevity and no problems...and feel this is a great way to go to have that. I know it cost a bit more but again...it works great and does not have any problems. I know it's not an XJ but here it's the ZJ this kit is on and our XJ as well. I know the ZJ looks clean..but that is a once in a lifetime picture. This thing was setup to go wheel. We picked it up a very short time ago and have been making a lot of changes to make it a very good off road rig. We will have this out in Calico and Big Bear in no time. Later...Clint

bozj.jpg

xj5.jpg

Back