• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 44 diff cover fab..

jjvande

NAXJA Forum User
Have any measurements/templates?

The ring is available at offroadfab.net in their "store" section. They have many different ones.

As for the fill plug...its a little too high actually...hehe

but because the diff is pointed up so much, i did want some additional fluid level to make the pinion happy. I ended up filling it up to about 1" under the hole and that was 3qts. The cover itself also increased the capacity. Also, the plug is out of harms way.

The link to the write-up is for a D60 and i basically used the same shapes with different dimensions. I followed step by step and it worked out well. The welds doo look like ..:rattle:...but theyre not that bad. I welded the inside too to make sure it was sealed and for added strength.

I could post some measurements, but its not that hard to just wing it with cardboard and scissors. All cutting was done with a 4.5" angle grinder. let me know if you need some #rs.

Another thing,
i emailed the author of the write-up and he is working on a D44 cover to write up as well, so it may be done in the near future.

cheers

Back