• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weird Starting problem

boise49ers

NAXJA Forum User
I have a crate motor with less then 10,000 miles. I have had no problems with that , but starting it the last few months it has done some strange things. I has like a dead spot where it doesn't want to turn over. It sounds like the battery is dead and drags when you try and start it. The battery is fully charged and the starter is brand new. I thought it was the starter , but it is still doing it. It does it like every 10 to 12 starts. That is kind of a guess.
What else could it be ?

When you say it drags.. do u mean the motor still turns over but very slow ? or hardly at all ? If so.. I'd say you have a bad ground somewhere. Check your battery to body ground, and motor to body ground. I'd check the battery posts too. If you have the emergency type of battery terminals, check where the cable hooks in the terminal.. sometime it'll get coroded/wet in there and you cant even see it.

Actually turned out to be the terminal not tightening down very tight on the positive battery side. I have to large diameter terminals so it tighened down tight , but it still could spin on the post if you put any effort into it. Its all good now. :wave:

Back