• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Upgrading 8.25....

AZ DESERT RAT

NAXJA Forum User
I'm going to be changing my 27 spline 8.25 to a 29 spline with ARB and 456's. My question is what type of install kits will I need to replace all the seals and bearings? There are master kits but I'm not sure if they have all the proper bearings and seals...the reason I ask is there are pinion kits,bearing kits etc. I wasnt sure if all the stuff in the smaller kits is also included in the Master install kit? I checked out Raw Brown and Randys..anybody recommend someone else?

The master kit has everything. Here's a pic of the master kit for my 8.25 which is being installed tomorrow.

master.jpg

Got it from Superior free when I bought my gears. Make sure you get quality bearings (i.e. Timkin).

AZ DESERT RAT said:
I'm going to be changing my 27 spline 8.25 to a 29 spline with ARB and 456's. My question is what type of install kits will I need to replace all the seals and bearings? There are master kits but I'm not sure if they have all the proper bearings and seals...the reason I ask is there are pinion kits,bearing kits etc. I wasnt sure if all the stuff in the smaller kits is also included in the Master install kit? I checked out Raw Brown and Randys..anybody recommend someone else?

Just get a 29-spline master install kit and you'll have everything you need, except for a Chrysler adjustment tool. If you're buying a new ARB they usually come with one carrier bearing installed, but that's to prevent the end user from damaging that part. As for bearings if you get Sierra/Superior/Spicer/Yukon they use Timken bearings, so you'll be all set.

Back