• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hella 500's on a stock bumper

blaisetd

NAXJA Forum User
Just wanted to know is anyone has mounted a set of Hella 500's on a stock bumper without cutting the grill? The depth is 2.625" which is alot slimmer than KC's and should fit. Thanks in advance.... blaise

i did and they fit just fine. they contact the grille so they are restricted in here you can aim them but mine are set up fine nd work great for me. bright nas hell i was really impressed for a 55w bulb

not sure about the sizes, but i have IPF's on my bumper:
jeepbeach.jpg

ipflights.JPG

NitroDuck said:
I had a pair on the stock bumper, they touched the grille slightly but it was no big deal.

what he said. Unless you are needing them to aim upward for some reason, you wont be able to... Otherwise they will be fine.

98XJDMB said:
not sure about the sizes, but i have IPF's on my bumper:

are those the 968's? how do you like them? i just ordered a set.

(sorry for the hijack, but it might make you change your mind on the hellas)

I run the Hella 550 fogs and managed to fit them on the front bumper and I have a friend with the 500 driving lights. Both styles are very bright and durable.

I went off the road a while back and damaged the entire front end, but the Hella's were fine. The bumper is bent back and the lights actually went through the grille and slightly dented the radiator, but they were still working and don't show any damage. I know I'm sticking with Hella's (unless something else is given to me, cause I have no problem running free stuff!)

I run the 500's on mine...wired them in to the factory switch! They fit in the factory holes, are plenty adjustable...unless I want them up high. Plus they are light weight, and reasonably priced.

Chris

Last edited:
dakotus said:
Im guessing around ...what ... 2 mpg? :)

Wasnt great gas milage, it got alot of attention and plenty of offers from people to buy it, but wet roads + sliding + ford ranger tail gate = no more horns.

Back