• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear defroster going bad

Headache

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 91 Xj, and the rear defroser is going bad. One or two wires on the rear window seem not to work. However, there is no visible physical damage. Any ideas about the cause or solution of this problem? Thanks, André

If one of the wires is not working then there is an open there, you may not see it but it is there. They do sell repair kits that have a repair strip and glue/tape to fix them with.
I have seen them in parts stores for like $4 or so..

I'd be looking at the voltage from the switch, or the switch itsself,I know its a pain to get to that switch, but assumming that one of the wires isnt working doesnt mean much. Have you tried an ohm meter to check the circuit? Have fun, electical isnt always a quick fix

If I recall right, I'm too lazy to go down and look at my beast in the dark at 5:30am, all the wires across the window are wired in parrallel so line that are not working must have an open circuit as was previously mentioned.

again its just a matter of the lil repair kit.

Back