• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help with lowering transfer case.

wifesXJ

NAXJA Forum User
so i installed a 3" lift on the wifes XJ, and a bit of driveline vibration is then present. so go to install a Rancho transfer case lowering kit. BUT, the kit comes with 4 bolts, to i guess screw into the nuts located in the frame. PROBLEM is, on each side of the transfercase cross member, one bolt (of the two) comes from INSIDE the frame, as in... a stud. this stud is not long enough to handel the lowering kit bracket. WHAT DO I DO? drill a hole in the floor board to remove the stud and put in a longer one? SUGGESTIONS?

i gently drove the XJ around the block to test for vibration with one bolt in each side, and it seems to work good. but this is not a strong set up at all.

Double nut the stud and remove it. It may be pretty stubborn, and involve heat, vise grips, and skinned knuckles, but they WILL come out.

Back