• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another Locker Question

SPSERG

NAXJA Forum User
When I go to install the Lock-Rite in my Dana 30 front end (3.07), will I have to pull both axle shafts or just the drivers side? With the 3.07 gears will the cross shaft on the carrier slide out, or will the entire carrier have to come out too? Thanks in advance! Serg

You have to pull both shafts.

And the carrier has to be pulled on 3.55 gears. With 3.07, you might be okay.

with 3.07's you can do it all in the truck just pull the axles out (both) a few inches so the carier spins free there is a pin that holds the cross shaft in that will be a bit of a pain in the truck but can be done ( the pin only goes out one way so if you bang it a few times and it goes no wehre try the other way) once the pin is out move the carier so you can the cross shaft out. remove all the spider gears and install the locker. if you have or know of someone who has a torque wrench you may want to pull the carrier just because it is easier to do the job on a bench than laying on you back under the truck.

Got it... I did the EZ in the D35 rear about 6 months ago. The install itself sounds like it should be similar. Just trying to avoid pulling both driveshafts, the instructions mention just one (drivers side). Last year I replaced both front bearings and remember the hassle it was. Especially in the cold. Thanks

With the axle disco'd, I should be able to spin the carrier right??

Back