• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE and DS Installed - Pics

MontanaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I got my Advance Adapters SYE and High Angle Driveline CV DS installed on my NP231. I am running 4* shims. Its amazing the difference it has made in the ride, smooooooth. Prior to install the whole Jeep vibrated. There was a constant hum from the rear driveline, as well as a really bad vibration and noise when going off-throttle above 30 MPH. Now I can cruise the highway at 70-75 and its like a caddy, sort of.

How does the travel of my slip look? I got the shaft before the install of the SYE.

740330_49_full.jpg

740330_50_full.jpg

740330_51_full.jpg

740330_52_full.jpg

Greg

That looks sweet Montana!! Can't wait to do the same. Mine sounds like I'm driving down a washboard back road.

MontanaXJ said:
How does the travel of my slip look? I got the shaft before the install of the SYE.Greg

No way to tell with a boot on it!

MontanaXJ said:
1999 Sport, 4.0L, Auto, NP231, w/ DPG 5" and 32" Pro Comp MT's.

Greg

wow, thats exactly the setup i want (except 33's or 35's). my plan is hold off until i have enough money to do everything at once... go from stock to 33's in a week. needless to say, it'll be a while and i'm sure all new stuff will be out, but o well, i figure the more i learn now the better.

-dave

My future plans are for 33's when the 32's wear out. I have ordered everything except for my gears, lockers, and alloy shafts. Those get ordered next week.

Greg

Did you do both UCA's and LCA's?

Yeah, hard to tell with the boot on it, but without reading the post and just looking at the pics, I thought there was alot of spline probably sticking out. Looks like there's almost as much spline already out as there is length of slip member.

Here's my example. I made it so that, at static height half of the splines are in the slip member and half are out.

is.php

Okie Terry said:
Yeah, hard to tell with the boot on it, but without reading the post and just looking at the pics, I thought there was alot of spline probably sticking out. Looks like there's almost as much spline already out as there is length of slip member.

Here's my example. I made it so that, at static height half of the splines are in the slip member and half are out.

is.php

Got Woody?

Back