• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Powertrax Install

SPSERG

NAXJA Forum User
I just received a Powertrax No Slip to install in my Dana 35. I have read the instructions 100 times but an still scratching my head. See the problem is, it talks about the break down of the spider gears and removal of the thrust washers but the instructions do not say to re-install the thrust washers. Anywhere. I cant imagine installing the side gears without thrust washers. Before I call their tech support, has anyone ever run into this before??

Thats why I was having some issues. The instructions are very detailed, probably more than my last computer and there is no mention about re-installing them. My front locker is a powertrax lock-rite, and yes it does say to reinstall the thrust washers after inspection. They suggest a visual inspection for wear and re-use. This step was not there for the No-Slip which I thought was very odd. If I was to install new thrust washers would it change any tolerances?? Also, are they commonly available? Thanks!

I don't remember reinstalling the thrust washers.
If you get the unit together and it passes the go/no-go guage test, then you're all set.

When I installed my no-slip in my 8 1/4 the instructions said to reinstall them.

No thrust washers on my 8.25 install.Also thats the reason for the "go/No-go" gauge!

I just installed my no slip in my 8 1/4 about 3 weeks ago. Did not install the thrust washers. Also I have to say I Love it! Hardly even notice it. It makes a few popping sounds once in a while, but besides that it's great.

hoytinak said:
When I installed my no-slip in my 8 1/4 the instructions said to reinstall them.
pretty sure it didnt on mine. i know i didnt put htem in and it is working great. however it was needed in my lock right up front

pm Rawbrown - good guy - does this stuff for a living...

SPSERG said:
I cant imagine installing the side gears without thrust washers.
But you DON'T reinstall the side gears. You can use them as paperweights. So no thrust washers...at least on a 8.25.

well actually you should probably hang on to them and the spiders so if you break it you can still get power back there to get home

Well it would make sense, that step was removed from the install instructions. Oh yes, I will be saving everything just in case... I am actually removing an EZ-locker to replace with the Powertrax No Slip. Hopefully in a week the EZ will be on the For Sale board. Thanks for all the help, again!

I just finished an 8.25 powertrax install yesterday, no washers used, works great seemed strange not putting them back in though.

Back