• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help installing a lockright in a d35...

thisfirstlove

NAXJA Forum User
i just tried to install my lockright in the rear end of my 94 jeep chreokee and i couldnt get the side gears to go on the axles on eather side...i pulled the axle shafts out and tried to pound it on, and it only went a tiny way. is it supposed to be like this or do i have the wrong parts?

Pound them in?
The side gears should slide in. Rotate the whole assembly to line up the spiders with the carrier. If it's that hard something is wrong.

Thats what i feared. The original gears slid right on to the shaft, but not the new ones. i guess ill make a few calls and send this one back and get the right one

thisfirstlove said:
i just tried to install my lockright in the rear end of my 94 jeep chreokee and i couldnt get the side gears to go on the axles on eather side...i pulled the axle shafts out and tried to pound it on, and it only went a tiny way. is it supposed to be like this or do i have the wrong parts?

Check out this writ-up, maybe it will help
www.4x4wire.com/jeep/tech/axle/lr00a/

good luck
Ken

H.O.Cherokee said:
Are you sure its a d35? If your cherokee is a '94, it should have a chrysler 8.25 rear end. This could be the whole problem.
It could still have a D35.

You better do some more research,there are no year differences,only C-clip/non C-clip and ABS.They all have the same splines!

Back