• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hey Stroker

Lightning

NAXJA Member #364
Sorry to hear about that dist gear,wish changing cams was easier. please let me know what the cause was. Bent or worn dist. shaft causing gear missalignment? possibly the higher volume oil pump puts more drag on the gear causing premature failure?

i dont have a clue the only thing i can think of is my old dist. bearings were worn REALLY BADLY and it may have started there, then dropping the new dist didn't help. This really does suck, tell me again why we do this......

Pics are up of the dist./and cam gears.
www.strokersjeep.com/dist.html

STROKER said:
i dont have a clue the only thing i can think of is my old dist. bearings were worn REALLY BADLY and it may have started there, then dropping the new dist didn't help. This really does suck, tell me again why we do this......

what else would we do?

yes,please let me know what mike says.as far as a bigger cam,i think you'd be sacrificing torque to go bigger.i'm at 200psi compression which shows the cam is optimum for getting enough air in and still be on pump gas without pinging.longer duration and you are going to lose some before the valves close.on a side note i just foud out that the fuel pressure regulator for a 94 mustang is identical to mine(bolts on rail)and mallory and others make a fully adjustable one(30 to 80,comes set at 45)which should help us with more power(better atomization with the ford four hole injectors)and hopefully will get me a little richer down below wot where it counts.what about a cam thats compatible with a blower?*wicked grin*

Talked with Mike today and i decided not to go with a bigger cam, Then i would have to start looking into valve sring rates and all that crap, also would have to get an adjustable MAP sensor to control idle. I dont want to get into all that some back to the original formula, it work and i know that it did, so.....
He did suggest to get a bronze gear, might be able to get one from the dealer.....Ahh the joys.... :wink:

once again,i'm really sorry.the thought of every stinkin thing you have to do just to get the cam out just went through my head.ugh!

i'll ask bob and tim to help me check my dist.it was worrying me after your misshap. i'm doing okay,i shattered the top of my left arm,i have it all screwed back together now.doc said i came close to needing an artificial one,yikes!percoset is my friend right now. guess you are good as new i hope?you havent given an update lately.how are the new axles?

Sorry to hear. :( OUCH :shock: So technically u got screwed...lol couldn't resist......

I'm doin ok Therapy is a PItA, but other than that im healing well, Thanks

Was getting ready to get the axles and start on them then this happened, i had money ready to rip for the axle swap, now it went into the motor. But thats not gonna stop me im getting started on the axle swap as soon as im done with the motor.

[quote:8211699d1c="STROKER"]yes i will and gary....CHANGE THAT DIST. GEAR [color=red:8211699d1c]NOW[/color:8211699d1c][size=18:8211699d1c]now[/size:8211699d1c]

hey gary call me tomorrow 215-327-7850[/quote:8211699d1c]

i'll do that,where did you finally find a gear?

Back