• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tie rod flip

maineiac

NAXJA Forum User
i have a rusty's steering conversion on the way and was wondering if i can use it with the goforit tie rod flip kit so it would be up higher ?
anyone done this? or anyone see any reason why it wont work?

You will probably need to relocate your trackbar and sway bar mounts.How much lift?

its supposed to be 5.5 but over the last year it has settled to 6.25 :laugh3: you gutta love rubicon springs
the trackbar is just redrilled, and the swaybar is in the scrap pile

do you think i need a trackbar relocation bracket or something ?

No you would need to completely relocate it to the top of the axle to maintain the geometry with the drag link!

ok so if the drag link and the track bar are not at the same angle than i would have trouble

so than i would have to fab up a track bar bracket on the top of the axle right?

if your doing a tie rod flip on a stock setup, would you still need to relocate the swaybar mounts?

Are you talking stock lift height or stock drag-link?

My friend and I did our tie rod flips at the same time (he is the welder...)

On his ZJ he has Rusty's steering, and he used two inserts and flipped both driver and passenger sides above the knuckle. He ran into clearance problems with the swaybar mounts though.

5.5" lift, but stock steering setup
RCP Phx said:
Are you talking stock lift height or stock drag-link?

mack said:
5.5" lift, but stock steering setup
You cant flip a stock drag-link unless you use one from a RH drive XJ!

i know, i'm talking just fliping the left side

Back