• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

vibes in front?

kmagnuss_2000

NAXJA Forum User
Okay...this is a stupid question: Can different lug nuts cause a vibe at highway speeds? I ask because the tire place I went to lost one of my lug nuts, and put one on that is alot bigger, and solid chrome instead of a stock one. Now my jeep has a vibe at speeds of 60 mph plus. I just had the tires balanced. But...I have mud tires and I hear that they don't balance well as it is. What else could be making the front vibrate besides the tires, or driveshaft? Could a worn U-joint make it vibrate? Thanks.

-Keith

sounds like they did a poor job of balancing them .if they have just done it take it back and tell them you wan tit redone because you experencing problem.any tire can be balanced out it might just take more wieght in one area.the other thing is you could have lost a wieght right after leaving the shop if it wasn't tacked on all the way.

Wil Badger said:
sounds like they did a poor job of balancing them .if they have just done it take it back and tell them you wan tit redone because you experencing problem.any tire can be balanced out it might just take more wieght in one area.the other thing is you could have lost a wieght right after leaving the shop if it wasn't tacked on all the way.

Ditto on that one. Don't let them make you think that all mud tires are going to shake on the freeway! Unless they have 16oz or more stacked on one tire! I had my 30" MTR's rebalanced 4 times before they got them right. They tried to give me the mud tire explanation, but for 30's? Come on!!! They finally got it right the 5th time around. I've been Shake free since:)

FUNKYTEE5

Back