• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Intresting stalling problem

PFunk242

NAXJA Member #1161
The last few days my car has wanted to stall out fairly often but only durring right hand turns right hand sweapers and reverse. Inerta swich or what ever it is called possibly? Anyone else ever have a problem like this? The cherokee is a 92 4.0 H.O w/ AW4.

Thanks for any help guys.

The problem is getting worse It is stalling out at least once a day now. Someone please help me out.

Thanks

Don't know what would cause it under those conditions, but my stalling problem a while back was a CPS. (Crankshaft Position Sensor) Try a search for Stall and CPS. One of the other should help ya. I spend about 3-5 hours reading thru older threads. The most common (without the right turn/reverse symptom) seems to be O2 Sensors or CPS, but there are lots of others too.

Before going straight for components, you might want to look carefully at the wiring, especially the wire for the CPS, which goes down along the rear driver's side of the engine, to the bell housing. Sometimes if a wire comes loose it will short against the manifold, and cause this kind of problem. Look too for any kind of wire that might be influenced by either the inertia of turning, or the twisting of the engine under torque loads.

Back